Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Walk on Water

Kids are so innocent. Well, at least they appear that way to the occasional visitor we get at my house that stays no longer than two minutes. Or to the elderly lady in the supermarket whose first comment is always something along the lines of, "Wow, you have your hands full" Her second comment? They are all so well behaved. Great. Will you come babysit then?

Kids arent born with a mastery of language. As a matter of fact, they can take things we say quite literally. Last night I made tacos for dinner. I asked Squish if he wanted to eat a hard shell or a soft shell. He yelled back, using his mom you are an idiot tone, "We dont eat sea shells!" Duh. Not that it mattered. Like he was actually going to eat dinner. I am an idiot.

My favorite Squish-ism to date? This little gem. I was mopping the kitchen floor. Mopping at our house is a tri-weekly event due to the copious amounts of fur left behind from the Great Dane and Beagle. Squish yells out, "Mama, You can walk on water?" I am feeling rather proud at this moment. My kid thinks I am invincible. I can perform miracles. I freaking rock! As my head was swelling to gargantuan perportions, I realize he is questioning why I am allowed to walk on the wet floor and he is not. Bubble burst.

Princess Girl is still breastfed. This has led to two memorable moments to share with Squish's future girlfriends, wife, heck anyone who will listen to a rambling, senile old lady as he gets older. The first, and my personal favorite, was when Squish asked which boob had milk and which boob had juice. Yeah, you try to keep a straight face answering that one!!! The second, also a classic, was when I asked Squish if he wanted to feed Princess Girl. I had some milk in a bottle leftover from while I was at work. He looks quizzically at his chest, and replied, "But there is no milk coming out!" Yep, thats my Squish.

I cant wait to hear what comes out of Kai's mouth.


Please feel free to leave comments with words from the mouths of your babes.....

2 comments:

  1. Great Job JT. Move over Erma Brombeck ! But could we have a better picture of TEX ? One that shows him as the truly handsome dude he is and remember the smile. MOM/Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squish is one funny little boy. The boob stuff is classic.

    ReplyDelete